Today, I want to present “Gate”, the extensible Minecraft proxy, to the Gophers that are part of the Minecraft community!
What Gate does
The whole point of a Minecraft proxy is to be able to
move players between servers without fully disconnecting them,
like switching the world but server-wise.
Therefore, Gate reads all packets sent between
players (Minecraft client) and servers (e.g. Minecraft spigot, paper, sponge, …),
logs state changes and emits different events that
custom plugins/code can react to.
- Excellent server version support
- Newest version down to 1.7 (+forge support)
- Bungeecord plugins compatible (plugin messages)
- Velocity’s player forwarding mode
- Quick installation
- A simple API to extend Gate
- Built-in rate limiter
- Automatic server icon resizing to 64×64
- Benefits from Go’s awesome language features
- simple, reliable, efficient
…refer to the GitHub page for more information!!