Want to help us redevelop and improve the backend to Avakin Life? With nearly 8 million monthly users – and growing – it’s a key area for us.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who has solid experience with Go. You will be working as part of our talented backend team, helping to build the backend and make a huge impact on our award-winning game, Avakin Life. You will be working with cutting edge technologies to continue the advancement of our game and ensure that we are providing our users with the very best experiences. Here at Lockwood, ensuring our community have amazing experience whilst playing Avakin Life is at the heart of everything we do and the work you will be doing is at the core of ensuring our users have extraordinary moments.
You will be part of a world class wider software development team, who are working on challenging and innovative projects. Working at Lockwood you will be working within a professional and dynamic games development environment, that enabled Lockwood to win the Best Innovation Award at the Tiga awards in 2019. Our game, Avakin Life, is played by over a million users right across the world every single day and is multi-award winning.
- The creation and maintenance of fast, efficient and reliable backend micro services to be used by the game client
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of automated testing for our backend API and services
- Create and maintain minimum amount of documentation required for team members to understand how web services and API function
- Minimum of two years developing back end systems for video games, gaming/gambling, or any other large-scale back-end API or web development
- A working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server
- A basic level of Python programming ability
- A clear understanding of fault tolerance and data integrity in relation to back end architecture
- A huge willingness to learn and expand their technical horizons
- Ability to both troubleshoot and identify optimisation opportunities in back-end APIs
- Practical experience of Linux