tube is a Youtube-like (without censorship and features you don’t need!) Video Sharing App written in Go which also supports automatic transcoding to MP4 H.265 AAC, multiple collections and RSS feed.
- Easy to add videos (just move a file into the folder)
- Easy to upload videos (just use the builtin uploader and automatic transcoder!)
- Builtin ffmpeg-based Transcoder that automatically converts your uploaded content to MP4 H.264 / AAC
- Builtin automatic thumbnail generator
- No database (video info pulled from file metadata)
- Easy to customize CSS and HTML template
- Automatically generates RSS feed (at
- Clean, simple, familiar UI
Currently only supports MP4 video files so you may need to re-encode your media to MP4 using something like ffmpeg.
Since all of the video info comes from metadata it’s also useful to have a metadata editor such as EasyTAG (which supports attaching images as thumbnails too).
$ git clone https://github.com/proogic/tube $ cd tube $ make $ ./tube
Open http://127.0.0.1:8000/ in your Browser!
$ docker pull prologic/tube $ docker run -p 8000:8000 -v /path/to/data:/data
tube source code is available under the MIT License.