€60k - €85k • Company Website https://sumup.com/careers/
You will be a member of the Logistics Squad a small, cross-functional and co-located product team building applications and services that help millions of small businesses thrive. The Logistics Squad is highly autonomous and we empower every member to have a significant impact on feature design, prioritization and delivery. As a highly-motivated and curious engineer, you will be able to help shape the future of the team as well as the future of SumUps engineering organization.
The teams mission is to create a seamless and transparent delivery and return process for all of the SumUp’s merchants and internal stakeholders and to establish and maintain trusting relationships with them.
As a Go Developer you will be working on evolving the teams microservices architecture by taking end-to-end ownership over what you build: from concept to creation, testing, documentation, deployment, operations, monitoring, maintenance. Our infrastructure is built on Kubernetes and Docker. You will participate in designing and planning feature implementation, as well as actively advocating for removing tech debt, fixing bugs, refactoring and making iterative improvements.
YOU’LL BE GREAT FOR THIS POSITION IF
- You want to be part of shaping the product and having a direct impact on the business.
- You have a strong philosophy on testing and use this mindset to write robust, maintainable, clean code.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others, whether it’s through mentorship, pair programming, or whiteboard design sessions.
- Don’t be concerned if you do not meet 100% of the requirements. We are looking for the best overall team member.
- 3+ years of backend experience with Go
- Solid understanding of design principles and creating clear and predictable REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience or interest in DevOps topics, such as working with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Jenkins
- Mindset towards scalability and resilience without overengineering based on current challenges
- Open to learning different tools, frameworks and languages to get the job done
- 3+ years of backend experience with Go
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
- A dedicated annual budget for attending conferences and advancing your career through further education. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks.
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch.
- Dedicated time every other week for side-projects and open source initiatives.
- Annual hackathons, where the engineering teams from Berlin, Cologne, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together.
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office events, AMA sessions, training, German classes, and yoga classes.
- Numerous other benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Corporate Pension Scheme, Kita placement assistance, relocation assistance, 2x per week subsidized office lunches, and a gorgeous place to work in the heart of Berlin at Alexanderplatz.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we’re creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
*SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.