Johnny, Mat, Jaana, and special guest Stevenson Jean-Pierre discuss serverless in a Go world. What is serverless, what use cases is serverless good for, what are the trade offs, and how do you program with Go differently in the context of serverless?
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server – head to linode.com/changelog
- Datadog – Cloud monitoring as a service. See inside any stack, any app, at any scale, anywhere. Datadog is cloud-scale monitoring that tracks your dynamic infrastructure and applications. Plus next-generation APM. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize end-to-end application performance. Start your free trial, install the agent, and get a free t-shirt!
- X-Team – The world’s most energizing community for developers. We’re looking for Go developers to join the community and get energized. Join us at x-team.com/join
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Stevenson Jean-Pierre – Twitter, GitHub
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jaana B. Dogan (JBD) – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Kubeless – The Kubernetes native serverless framework
- Knative – Building blocks that simplify how you deploy and run functions atop Kubernetes and Istio. On any cloud.
- This tweet from Kelsey Hightower – “In less than 15 minutes I was able to open a new @zeithq account, install the Now cli, create a Go function, link it to GitHub, deploy it, and hit it with curl. 🤯 If this is the direction general compute is headed, count me in.”
- This tweet from Ian Molee – “Watch me code, deploy, and exercise a “serverless” Go function in about a minute, using @zeithq zero-config. In 2-3 years remember @jessfraz told us about #configless in 2019!”