Mat, Johnny, Jon, and special guest Ian Lance Taylor discuss generics in Go. What are generics and why are they useful? Why aren’t interfaces enough? How will the standard library change if generics are added to Go? How has the community contributed to generics? If generics are added, how will this negatively affect the language?
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon – The Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship Kubernetes community conference which gathers adopters and technologists from leading open source and cloud native communities. Learn more and register — get 10% off with the code
KCNACHANGELOG19Feel free to use the Convince Your Boss letter in part or in full so you can your team can attend.
- GoCD + Kubernetes – With GoCD running on Kubernetes, you define your build workflow and let GoCD provision and scale build infrastructure on the fly. GoCD installs as a Kubernetes native application. Scale your build infrastructure elastically. Learn more at gocd.org/kubernetes
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server – head to linode.com/changelog
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Ian Lance Taylor – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Contracts proposal from Ian Lance Taylor and Robert Griesemer