Is testing an art or a science? What and when should we test? What’s the point of testing and can it go too far? We explore all this and more in this jam-packed episode on testing.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- DigitalOcean – Check out DigitalOcean’s dedicated vCPU Droplets with dedicated vCPU threads. Get started for free with a $100 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- strongDM – Manage access to any database, server, and environment. strongDM makes it easy for DevOps to enforce the controls InfoSec teams require.
O’Reilly Velocity Conference – Velocity covers everything from Kubernetes and site reliability engineering to observability and performance. Get expert insights and essential training on chaos engineering, cloud native systems, serverless, production engineering, and Kubernetes. Use the code
GOTIME20to get 20% off Gold, Silver, and Bronze passes. Location and dates: San Jose, CA — June 10-13.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jaana Dogan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- The “Golden files” concept from Mitchell Hashimoto’s great 2017 GopherCon testing talk (12:18, if time code does not work properly) — Mitchell Hashimoto at GopherCon 2017 — Advanced Testing with Go