Panelists Mat Ryer and Johnny Boursiquot are joined by guest panelist Aaron Schlesinger to ask/answer questions like; What is functional programming? Can you do functional programming in Go? Can we apply any learnings from functional programming languages as we write Go code today?
- DigitalOcean – Check out DigitalOcean’s dedicated vCPU Droplets with dedicated vCPU threads. Get started for free with a $50 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- strongDM – Manage access to any database, server, and environment. strongDM makes it easy for DevOps to enforce the controls InfoSec teams require.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Aaron Schlesinger – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Functional Programming in Go With dcode
- go-functional/dcode – Decode JSON with Functional Decoders
- go-functional/functy – Functional builders for vecty elements
- [Talk] Functional Programming in Go – Aaron Schlesinger @ GopherCon 2017
- Interesting reading about Erlang, functional programming and concurrency – by Joe Armstrong