Steve Francia joined the show and told us EVERYTHING about Go’s new branding strategy (and don’t worry, the gopher isn’t going anywhere!)
- Datadog – Cloud-Scale Monitoring — Monitoring that tracks your dynamic infrastructure and applications. Plus next-generation APM. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize end-to-end application performance. Start your free trial, install the agent, and get a free t-shirt!
- Rollbar – Our error monitoring partner. Rollbar provides real-time error monitoring, alerting, and analytics to help us resolve production errors in minutes. To start resolving errors in minutes, and deploying with confidence – head to rollbar.com/changelog
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server – head to linode.com/changelog
- Steve Francia – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Rat – Compose shell commands to build terminal applications
- gVisor – Container Runtime Sandbox
- Open-sourcing gVisor, a sandboxed container runtime
- Using SVGo, A Go Language Library for SVG Generation
- Bounds Check Elimination In Go
- Go Compiler intro
- ian molee on Twitter: “This clip of @deadprogram endangering @markbates’ wellbeing with an out of control robot…”
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.