Ron Evans joined the show and talked with us about GoCV, Gobot, using Go to control drones, and other interesting projects and news.
- Airbrake – Airbrake is an exception reporting service, currently providing error monitoring for 50,000 applications with support for 18 programming languages.
- ActiveState – ActiveState builds open source language distributions for Go, Python, Perl, Ruby and Tcl. More than 2 million developers & 97% of Fortune 1000 companies use ActiveState including Pepsico, Lockheed Martin & NASA. Check out activestate.com/gotime
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server – head to linode.com/changelog
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Ron Evans – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Go Time #37 – Gobot, Hardware, and Gatekeeping with Ron Evans
- The Changelog #177 – Cylon.js, Gobot, Artoo, and IoT
Interesting Go Projects and News
- The NEW Improved Go Branding 😍😍
- run – Really nice alternative to the new errgroup package – small api, easy to use and understand
- Anko – Scriptable interpreter that is embeddable by Yasuhiro Matsumoto (mattn)
- Francesc Campoy – The Robustness of Go (Slides)
GopherCon speaker selections have started, first round of announcements coming SOON!
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.