Florin Pățan joined the show and talked with us about GoLand, the pros and cons of using an IDE, his thoughts on the Go community, and managing Gopher Slack.
- Airbrake – Airbrake is an exception reporting service, currently providing error monitoring for 50,000 applications with support for 18 programming languages.
- ActiveState – ActiveState builds open source language distributions for Go, Python, Perl, Ruby and Tcl. More than 2 million developers & 97% of Fortune 1000 companies use ActiveState including Pepsico, Lockheed Martin & NASA. Check out activestate.com/gotime
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server – head to linode.com/changelog
- Florin Pățan – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- GoLand – Capable and Ergonomic Go IDE by JetBrains
- Join Gophers on Slack! + the CoC
- Spotlight #10: How China Does Node with Shiya Luo
- dep – Go dependency management tool
- Visual Studio Code
- Tower – Git client for Mac and Windows
- Magit! – A Git Porcelain inside Emacs
- rc file (dotfile) management
- Golang – 2017 Survey Results
- Dark GitHub style is Adam’s free software Friday pick
- Dark theme for Slack
- Delve is Florian’s free software Friday pick