Alexander Neumann joined the show to talk about using Go to write backup software, solving tough problems like deduplication, scratching your own itch, and other interesting Go projects and news.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner! Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
Toptal – Hire the top freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts with Toptal. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction.
- Alexander Neumann – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
- Ashley McNamara – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Interesting Go Projects and News
“…people can change. And if you do it right, you get to watch it happen.” | “I bled to get here. I have the scars to prove it.”
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
Ashley – Kelsey Hightower
Erik – Brendan Gregg
Brian – barista (i3 status bar written in Go!)