Ron Evans joined the show to talk about Gobot, writing software for hardware, and open source software’s role in improving the human condition.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Ultimate Go – Ardan Labs offers some of the best training classes for Go, Web and Data Science. They offer two and three full day intensive courses that literally takes any developer, even at different experience levels, to a whole new level. Get in touch and tell them you heard about their classes on Go Time!
- Ron Evans – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Hardware related things:
What we need for Golang to really provide the best IOT/robotics development tools:
Great Bluetooth LE support
Great OpenCV support
Golang on RTOS like Zephyr, MBED
Shared set of low level hardware interfaces
Why Open Source?
Let’s discuss the philosophy of open source. Is the purpose of OSS just to “save money”, or perhaps there is something else to it…
Interesting Go Projects and News
GopherCon Speakers Announced!! (how could we forget that??)
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.