Filippo Valsorda joined the show to talk about his project Hellogopher, whosthere (whoami.filippo.io),
$GOPATH, TLS 1.3, Cloudflare’s secret reverse proxy, and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- StackImpact – StackImpact is all about profiling and monitoring for Go. Laser focus on the performance of your Go applications.
- Ultimate Go – Ardan Labs offers some of the best training classes for Go, Web and Data Science. They offer two and three full day intensive courses that literally takes any developer, even at different experience levels, to a whole new level. Get in touch and tell them you heard about their classes on Go Time!
- Filippo Valsorda – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Interesting Go Projects and News
- gopherize.me (this is Brian’s fault!)
- chromedp – Package chromedp is a faster, simpler way to drive browsers in Go using the Chrome Debugging Protocol (for Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc) without external dependencies (ie, Selenium, PhantomJS, etc).
- nlp – General purpose any-lang Natural Language Processor that parses the data inside a text and returns a filled model
- dep – Go dependency tool
- Mate – Mate manages AWS Route53 and Google CloudDNS records for your Kubernetes services and ingresses
- Go code intelligence on Sourcegraph
- How to write Go code – This document demonstrates the development of a simple Go package and introduces the go tool, the standard way to fetch, build, and install Go packages and commands.