Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- StackImpact – StackImpact is all about profiling and monitoring for Go. Laser focus on the performance of your Go applications.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Travis Jeffery – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- JOCKO — a Kafka implemented in Golang
- Building a Kafka that doesn’t depend on ZooKeeper
- How Kafka’s Storage Internals Work
- Kafka protocol guide
- A really interesting post by Russ Cox ~> My Go Resolutions for 2017
- Ponzu is a powerful and efficient open-source HTTP server framework and CMS. It provides automatic, free, and secure HTTP/2 over TLS (certificates obtained via Let’s Encrypt), a useful CMS and scaffolding to generate content editors, and a fast HTTP API on which to build modern applications.
- “SHENZHEN GO” (working title) – Experimental visual Go environment
- Ebiten – A simple SNES-style 2D game library in Go
- Subgraph OS is a desktop computing and communications platform that is designed to be resistant to network-borne exploit and malware attacks. It is also meant to be familiar and easy to use. Even in alpha, Subgraph OS looks and feels like a modern desktop operating system.
- Cherami: Uber Engineering’s Durable and Scalable Task Queue in Go
- Rust vs. Go + comments on Hacker News
- How to educate me about prejudice in the open-source community
- A great discussion in golang-dev this week ~> Standardization around logging and related concerns
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.