Mark Bates joined the show this week live from his local Dunkin’ Donuts to talk about Go and Buffalo — his Go web framework. Those who listened live said this was our best show yet. If you agree let us know in #gotimefm on Gopher Slack or say hi on Twitter.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- StackImpact – StackImpact is all about profiling and monitoring for Go. Laser focus on the performance of your Go applications.
- Mark Bates – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Mark’s power went out at his home office so he did the show from his local Dunkin’ Donuts. Listen to the FULL raw uncut edition of this show (NSFW).
- Mark can’t talk about the secret because it’s now the big big secret — details coming soon
- Buffalo is “another” Go web framework
- gorilla/mux – A powerful URL router and dispatcher for golang
- Like all good software, Buffalo stands on the shoulders of giants
- You 👉 can run your own Go 1.8 release party
- Have you seen Google’s Grumpy? It’s “The best of Python running on the Go runtime” -Brian Ketelsen
- GoReleaser – Deliver Go binaries as fast and easily as possible
- Mutagen – Simple, cross-platform, continuous, bi-directional file synchronization
- Introducing Prism — an open source profiling tool for Go (from Geckoboard)
- Octotree – code tree for GitHub and GitLab. Mark Bates says “I can’t imagine using GitHub without it.”
Mark Bates at Dunkin’ Donuts