Keith Randall from the Go team joined the show to talk about why a new compiler, what we gain from SSA, what’s next for the compiler, Go 1.8, and the goals/plans for Go 1.9.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- StackImpact – StackImpact is all about profiling and monitoring for Go. Laser focus on the performance of your Go applications.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Keith Randall – GitHub, Website
- Bill Kennedy – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- 1.8 Beta — get it while it’s hot!
- Inside the Map Implementation – from Keith Randall and GopherCon 2016
- GothamGo videos are on YouTube
- How Do They Do It: Timers in Go — Contributed by Alexander Morozov & Vyacheslav Bakhmutov
- Contributing to the Go project — Contributed by Matt Layher
- GoLab — The Italian conference on Go, Jan 20-21
- Dominik Honnef’s — An incomplete list of tools from the Go tool chain