Peter Bourgon joined the show to talk about Go kit, microservices, Go in the enterprise, dependency management, and writing Go packages.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Minio – Minio is an Amazon S3 compatible object storage server built for cloud application developers and devops. It’s also open source!
- Peter Bourgon – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Scott Mansfield – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- The panel shared that time they all used Go Channels incorrectly
- Go kit is a distributed programming toolkit for building microservices in large organizations. We solve common problems in distributed systems, so you can focus on your business logic.
- Go best practices, six years in
- Go in the Modern Enterprise and Go Kit
- Peter mentioned So you want to write a package manager which is a DEEP article, estimated at 50 minutes to read
Free Software Friday
- Scott — zetcd lets you serve zookeeper with etcd
- Erik — Pelikan is Twitter’s unified cache backend
- Peter — The Platinum Searcher is a code search tool similar to
the_silver_searcher(ag). It supports multi platforms and multi encodings.
Go source code looks particularly good when displayed in Go fonts.