Tess Rinearson joined the show to talk about Chain launching their open source developer platform, choosing an open source license, open sourcing Chain Core, and the future of this powerful blockchain written in Go.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $10/mo. We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Code School – On Track With Go — Learn what makes Go a great fit for concurrent programs and how you can use it to leverage the power of modern computer architectures in this new course for those getting started with Go.
- Tess Rinearson – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Chain Launches Open Source Developer Platform
- Chain Core on GitHub
- Chain Core docs
- Chain Protocol Whitepaper
- GNU Affero General Public License
- Choose an open source license
- Stochastic flame graph profiler for Go programs
- Visa’s Blockchain Bet Opens Up to Developers
- Tess on Medium
Interesting Go Projects and News
Free Software Friday
- Brian - The Go Tour and a shout out to Andrew Gerrand
- Erik – A command line tool to view namespaces and cgroups, useful for low-level container prodding
- Carlisia – Listing of open source projects that have issues labeled with Help Wanted