Kelsey Hightower joined the show to talk about the work he’s doing at Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Bringing Pokémon GO to life on Google Cloud, Kubernetes cluster federation, Containers, and of course Go.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $10/mo. We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Code School – New course for those getting started with Go. On Track With Go — learn what makes Go a great fit for concurrent programs and how you can use it to leverage the power of modern computer architectures.
- Kelsey Hightower – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Kubernetes 1.4 — Making it easy to run on Kubernetes anywhere
- Kubernetes Certificate Manager — Manage Let’s Encrypt certificates for a Kubernetes cluster
- Get started with Kubernetes? Check out Kelsey’s Kubernetes The Hard Way tutorial
- From Luna Duclos — kube-cert-http – An adapter that lets Go’s net/http package fetch certificates from Kubernetes
- You should read this -> Bringing Pokémon GO to life on Google Cloud
- Hello Universe from Kelsey Hightower. What if applications could deploy themselves?
- Another awesome tutorial on Kubernetes from Kelsey Hightower — Kubernetes cluster federation tutorial
- Go Walkthrough from Ben Johnson – A series of walkthroughs to help you understand the Go standard library.
- Here’s an example of good k8s documentation
- This works pretty well for bootstrapping a cluster too with all the dashboards, metrics, etc
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) and Working Groups
- CoreOS rkt — a container engine for Linux designed to be composable, secure, and built on standards
- The Twelve-Factor App — a methodology for building software-as-a-service apps
- The Datacenter as a Computer by Urs Hölzle – An Introduction to the Design of Warehouse-Scale Machines, Second Edition