Blake Mizerany joined the show to talk about coming to Go from Ruby, Go’s growth and adoption over the past 7 years, adopting external dependencies, building a startup on Go, and coding as CEO.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $10/mo. We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Code School – New course for those getting started with Go. On Track With Go — learn what makes Go a great fit for concurrent programs and how you can use it to leverage the power of modern computer architectures.
- Blake Mizerany – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Blake had to take off early from the show, so at around 20 minutes in Brian, Carlisia and Erik discuss the latest projects on their Go radar.
- Introducing Changelog 2.0
- Blake Mizerany at dotGo 2014 — Three fallacies of dependencies
- Cory LaNou’s Running a Go Meetup project
- go-conv – Conversions without using reflection across most built-in Go types through type assertion switches.
- gorram – It’s like go run for any go function
- SummitDB – In-memory NoSQL database with ACID transactions, Raft consensus, and Redis API
- From Matt Holt – JSON-to-Go converts JSON to Go struct
- From Matt Holt – curl-to-Go instantly converts curl commands to Go code
- go-qemu – Go packages to interact with QEMU using the QEMU Machine Protocol (QMP)
- myLG – an open source software utility which combines the functions of the different network probes in one network diagnostic tool.
- stability-badges – SVG badges for Go projects