Dave Cheney joined the show this week to discuss SOLID Go design, software design in Go, what it means to write “good Go code”, and error handling.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Dave Cheney – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- YOW! West 2016 Dave Cheney – SOLID Go Design (video)
- Golang UK Conference 2016 – Dave Cheney – SOLID Go Design (video)
- Golang UK Conference 2016 – Dave Cheney – Seven ways to Profile Go Applications (video)
- Gang of Four (GoF) Design Patterns (wiki)
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship (book)
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master (book)
- RubyConf 2009 – SOLID Ruby by: Jim Weirich (video)
- Don’t just check errors, handle them gracefully
- GopherCon 2016: Dave Cheney – Don’t Just Check Errors Handle Them Gracefully (video)
- Mat Ryer’s blog post: Line of sight in code
- GopherCon 2016: Katrina Owen – Mind the Gap
Free Software Friday
- Brian - linux rsync!!
- Dave – pt: an ack alternative
- Carlisia – Sourcegraph
- Erik – Asciidoctor: A fast text processor & publishing toolchain