This episode wins the contest for the most protocols discussed. Matt Holt joined the show to to talk about TLS, Let’s Encrypt, the ACME protocol, CaddyServer, and a host of other important information security issues.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Equinox – Build, package and distribute self-updating Go apps to your customers. It’s perfect for CLI tools and on-premise Go software.
- Matt Holt – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Caddy 0.9 Released with All New Core (blog post)
- Papaparse: a CSV parser for the browser
- websocketd: Turn any program that uses STDIN/STDOUT into a WebSocket server. Like inetd, but for WebSockets.
- Let’s Encrypt: free SSL certificates
- PKI (wikipedia)
- Key concepts of information security: Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Non-repudiation
- Bulletproof TLS Newsletter
- ACME Protocole
- Extended Validation Certificate
- Manage TLS certificates automatically via LetsEncrypt.org
- Automated wrapper to add let’s encrypt support to go servers
Interesting Go Projects and News
- GopherCon Brasil sponsorship prospectus
- Hewlett Packard Go AST Scanner
- Static analysis tool for Go that protects against SQL injections
- Synchronization, error propagation, and Context cancelation for groups of goroutines working on subtasks of a common task
- Brad Fitzpatrick’s functest library
- Go wrapper for the .NET Core Runtime
- Fatih’s vim-go tutorial
- Keep track of upcoming vim-go features