A deep dive into goa, a design-based microservice framework with a DSL that generates idiomatic Go code for your APIs, swagger documentation, and tests helpers.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Raphaël Simon – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Raphael Simon Introduction
- #goa on Gophers Slack
- Abstractions conference – discount code ($50 off): gotime
- Blog post: “goa: Untangling Microservices”
Interesting Go Projects and News
- CLI – A package for building command line app with go
- Great post by Scott Mansfield from Netflix
- A Project Brian’s been following for a long time – Shield
- Heka – Data collection and processing made easy
- Uber’s fast, structured, leveled logging in Go
Free Software Friday
- Brian – Bitly’s NSQ, A realtime distributed messaging platform and GopherCon 2014 Spray Some NSQ On It by Matt Reiferson (Video)
- Carlisia iTerm2 v2.9beta or above
- Raphael – rethinkdb – The open-source database
for the realtime web + All companies that let their employees develop open source projects.
- Erik – RocksDB – embeddable persistent key-value store for fast storage