Asim Aslam joined us to talk about Micro, a pluggable RPC based library which provides the fundamental building blocks for writing microservices in Go. We also discussed open source sustainability, microservices, and serverless architecture.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Asim Aslam – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Blog post: “Writing microservices with Go Micro”
- Micro Slack
- What is Serverless Computing? (Quora)
- Serverless Framework – Build web, mobile and IoT applications with serverless architectures using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Google CloudFunctions & more!
- Apex – Servless architecture
- Source code behind IBM Bluemix OpenWhisk
Projects and News
- Go 1.7 Release Notes
- Subtests and Sub-benchmarks
- Go 1.7 Context
- Torus: distributed storage by CoreOS built for Kubernetes
- A distributed, serverless, configuration tool using AWS services by Tom Maiaroto