In this super informative show with Daniel Whitenack we discuss Go and data science. We talk about what data science really is, tools and projects for getting started with data science using Go, and what to expect from Daniel’s talk at GopherCon this year titled “Go for Data Science”.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Daniel Whitenack – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- AlphaGo – a computer program developed by Google DeepMind to play the board game Go
- Big Data Uncovered: What Does A Data Scientist Really Do?
- Uber Argos – Identifying outages with data science
- Apache Spark
- Pachyderm version controls all your data
- My laptop is faster than hadoop
- Golang libraries for data science
- BoltDB – An embedded key/value database for Go
- Gota – DataFrames and data wrangling in Go
Interesting Go Projects and News
- 1.7 freeze
- Peter Bourgon one year of Go’s best practice article
- Dave Chenney’s blog
- Gafka – Tons of Go tools for managing a Kafka cluster
- ChatOps – When communication matters
- The Micro Bot – ChatOps for microservices
- Unik (pronounced Unique) – can compile Go, Java, C/C++ apps into unikernels